Driver Advisory System
Since 2013, INAVET has been designing the driver advisory system (DAS) smarttrains.das, which optimally supports train and tram drivers to achieve an energy-efficient driving style. This is done by optical and acoustic recommendations of the driving regime via an app on a mobile device. Coaching, stopping or speed recommendations can prevent unnecessary stops and reduce travel time losses. The traffic flow is optimized taking into account the driving-in sequences, passenger-relevant connection relationships and economic parameters. The DAS smarttrains.de responds robustly and immediately to changing operating situations. Here are all the benefits of smarttrains.das:
- Driver advisory systems for energy and cost efficient driving
- Determining the optimal way of driving between consecutive stops
- Supporting drive optimisation between important connecting points
- Improving punctuality
- Optimisation of train crossings and transfer connections
- Support of train movement control
- Prognoses of train position to infrastructure manager
- In regular operation for diesel and electrically driven vehicles on several regional train lines
- Proven energy savings up to 15 %
- Easy refitting of any vehicle by using tablets and smartphones
- Training concepts for operational integration in railway companies
Here you can find our references
Why Driver Advisory Systems?
Reducing the consumption of natural resources and energy is a worldwide task of high relevance . Especially for railway companies the topic of energy efficiency and associated cost savings is a key challenge. For this reason, many railway companies see an interest in energy saving measures, which are made possible by a driver advisory system (DAS).